Hasenchat Music Germany
Mood: Party Music
Artist Sounds Like
Rap history is full of legends and pioneers who shaped the genre and influenced generations of artists. Some of the most famous rappers in history include:
- The Notorious B.I.G.: Famed for his powerful storytelling and unparalleled flow, this legendary figure undoubtedly changed the rap game with his classic albums Ready to Die and Life After Death. He was also involved in the notorious East Coast-West Coast feud that ended with his tragic death in 1997.
- Tupac Shakur: One of the most influential and controversial rappers of all time, Tupac was a prolific artist who released five studio albums and numerous posthumous projects. He was known for his poetic lyrics, social activism, and charisma. He was also a victim of the East Coast-West Coast rivalry, dying in a drive-by shooting in 1996.
- Eminem: The best-selling rapper of all time, Eminem rose to fame with his provocative and witty style that earned him both acclaim and criticism. He has won 15 Grammy Awards and an Oscar for his song “Lose Yourself” from the movie 8 Mile. He is also the founder of Shady Records and a member of the rap group D12.
- Jay-Z: Widely regarded as one of the greatest rappers and businessmen in hip-hop, Jay-Z has sold over 100 million records and won 23 Grammy Awards. He is also the co-founder of Roc-A-Fella Records, Roc Nation, and Tidal. He is married to Beyoncé and has collaborated with many other artists, such as Kanye West, Rihanna, and Alicia Keys.
- Kendrick Lamar: Renowned for his thought-provoking lyrics and impeccable storytelling abilities, this Compton-bred rapper has won 13 Grammy Awards and a Pulitzer Prize for his album DAMN. He is also the leader of the rap collective Black Hippy and the label Top Dawg Entertainment. He has released four critically acclaimed albums: Section.80, good kid, m.A.A.d city, To Pimp a Butterfly, and DAMN.
- Nas: Hailed as one of the best lyricists in rap history, Nas made his debut with his masterpiece Illmatic in 1994. He has since released 12 more albums, including It Was Written, Stillmatic, God’s Son, and King’s Disease. He is also known for his legendary beef with Jay-Z, which was later resolved.
- Lauryn Hill: The only female rapper to win Album of the Year at the Grammy Awards, Lauryn Hill is a multi-talented artist who can rap, sing, write, and produce. She was a member of the Fugees before releasing her solo album The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill in 1998, which is considered one of the best albums of all time. She has also acted in movies such as Sister Act 2 and The Education of Sonny Carson.
- Drake: The most streamed artist of the 2010s, Drake is a global superstar who has dominated the charts with his catchy hooks, versatile flows, and charismatic persona. He has won four Grammy Awards and holds several Billboard records. He is also the founder of OVO Sound and a co-owner of the Toronto Raptors. He has released six studio albums: Thank Me Later, Take Care, Nothing Was the Same, Views, Scorpion, and Certified Lover Boy.