Hasenchat Music Germany
R&B Pop Crossover
Mood: Party Music
Artist Sounds Like
Rap and hip hop are two genres of music that originated in the African American communities of New York City in the late 1970s and early 1980s. Rap is a form of vocal delivery that incorporates rhyme, rhythm, and wordplay, often accompanied by a beat or musical accompaniment. Hip hop is a broader cultural movement that encompasses rap, as well as other elements such as DJing, breakdancing, graffiti, and fashion. Rap and hip hop have influenced many aspects of popular culture, such as language, art, politics, and social issues. For example, rap and hip hop have introduced slang terms such as “cool”, “dope”, and “fresh” to the mainstream vocabulary. They have also inspired artists such as Jean-Michel Basquiat, Keith Haring, and Banksy to create graffiti-style paintings and murals. Moreover, rap and hip hop have given voice to marginalized groups and challenged the status quo on topics such as racism, poverty, and police brutality. Rap and hip hop are also diverse and dynamic, with many subgenres and styles emerging over time, such as gangsta rap, conscious rap, trap, grime, and drill.
One of the subgenres of rap and hip hop that has become very popular in recent years is trap. Trap music originated in Atlanta, Georgia in the 1980s and became popular in the 2000s with artists such as T.I., Gucci Mane, and Young Jeezy. Trap music focuses more on drugs and drug dealing, and the name “trap” comes from the place where drugs are sold. Trap music typically has a minimalistic beat with a complex hi-hat pattern and synth drums. Trap music usually has a more energetic and catchy delivery than other subgenres of rap. Some of the famous trap artists that you may have heard of are:
- Travis Scott: He is one of the best-known and most influential trap artists of our time. He has collaborated with many other artists such as Drake, Kanye West, Rihanna, and The Weeknd. His albums Rodeo, Birds in the Trap Sing McKnight, Astroworld, and JackBoys have all been critically acclaimed and commercially successful.
- Young Thug: He is one of the most famous trap artists on the scene today. Known for defying gender and sexuality stereotypes, Young Thug has become a stand-out figure in the world of trap and hip-hop. He has released several mixtapes such as Barter 6, Slime Season 3, Jeffery, Beautiful Thugger Girls, and So Much Fun. He is also the founder of his own label YSL Records.
- 21 Savage: He is a rapper from Atlanta who rose to fame with his mixtapes The Slaughter Tape and Slaughter King. He is known for his dark and violent lyrics that reflect his experiences in the streets. He has also released two studio albums Issa Album and I Am > I Was, as well as two collaborative albums Savage Mode with Metro Boomin and Without Warning with Offset and Metro Boomin.
- Migos: They are a trio of rappers from Atlanta who are known for their catchy hooks and ad-libs. They have released four studio albums Yung Rich Nation, Culture, Culture II, and Culture III. They have also collaborated with many other artists such as Drake, Cardi B, Nicki Minaj, Post Malone, and Justin Bieber.
- 2 Chainz: He is a rapper from Atlanta who started his career as one half of the duo Playaz Circle. He later reinvented himself as a solo artist with his mixtapes T.R.U. REALigion and Based on a T.R.U. Story. He has also released five studio albums B.O.A.T.S. II: Me Time, Collegrove (with Lil Wayne), Pretty Girls Like Trap Music, Rap or Go to the League, and So Help Me God!.
- Future: He is a rapper from Atlanta who is known for his use of Auto-Tune and his prolific output of mixtapes and albums. He has released eight studio albums Pluto, Honest, DS2, EVOL, Future, Hndrxx, The WIZRD, and High Off Life. He has also released several collaborative albums such as What a Time to Be Alive (with Drake), Super Slimey (with Young Thug), Wrld on Drugs (with Juice Wrld), Beast Mode 2 (with Zaytoven), Save Me (with Metro Boomin), Life Is Good (with Drake), The Life Of Pablo (with Kanye West), Savage Mode II (with 21 Savage), Pluto x Baby Pluto (with Lil Uzi Vert), Kolorblind (with DJ Esco), and No Pressure (with French Montana).