Ingredients (4 servings)
½ lb chicken breast
1 stalk scallion
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 lb Fresh, refrigerated or frozen udon noodles
1/4 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon chili paste
1/2 tablespoon dry sherry or sake
6 to 8 fresh shiitake mushroom caps, crisscrossed on top with knife
1/4 sencha loose leaves
Preparing it (5 minutes)
1. Cut chicken into thin slices.
2. Dice scallion.
3. Cut Shiitake mushrooms into thin strands
Directions (10 minutes)
1. Boil udon noodle until well done.
2. Drain udon noodle.
3. Heat 1 tbsp sesame oil or skillet over high heat until hot (Approx. 350°F).
4. Add chicken and shiitake mushrooms and stir fry until done.
5. Add udon, sencha loose leaves, soy sauce, sherry or sake, rice wine vinegar, then stir fry until hot.
6. Top off with diced scallion and sesame seeds.